Phone: 1300 077 321
Postal address: PO Box 528, Stones Corner, QLD 4120
Key Privacy Points
- We don't sell your data to third parties. Conexu Foundation treats all information collected as if it were private. We don't sell the information to anyone and we don't use your data for our own purposes, except as outlined in this policy.
- We may share some data with trusted service providers. In order to manage and improve our services we may from time to time use a number of third party service providers; for example, we may use Google Analytics (External link) to track visits to our website and SugarCRM (External link) to collect information via an online form and to collect survey responses. A number of these service providers are located outside of Australia and therefore the data we pass to them will be processed outside of Australia.
- All data is stored on servers located in Australia. Aside from the circumstances described in point 2 above, all data collected by us is stored on servers located in Australia.
- We will comply with all Australian laws. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond. We may also need to access data to prevent potentially illegal activities and to screen for undesirable or abusive activity. For example, we have an automated virus scan that checks all file attachments.
- Conexu Foundation: ethical, efficient, effective (and human). We do our utmost to make sure Conexu Foundation is an organisation which is highly valued by staff, the community, our members and all of our stakeholders, but being human, occasionally we make a mistake. We assure you that we will attend to any issue as soon as it is drawn to our attention, remedy the problem and advise you of the outcome.
Who does this policy apply to?
Conexu Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy, and establishing a trusting relationship with our users is central to our work practices.
Conexu Foundation websites and services are used by a wide range of groups and individuals. These include but are not restricted to staff, volunteers and members of Australian and international not-for-profit groups, local, state and federal government staff members, elected officials, business operators and members of the public. The privacy provisions in this policy apply to all our service and website users, including Deaf, hard of hearing and those with complex communication needs and their family and friends.
We will never share your data, except where:
- It is required by law, or
- We have engaged a trusted service provider to assist us with a particular transaction (e.g. collection of survey responses), or Australia Post for the purposes of posting information to you.
We will never sell your data to a third party. Generally, we use the information we collect from you only in connection with providing our services to you. However, there are some other limited uses, as listed below.
What data is collected by Conexu Foundation and what do you do with it?
|Type of Data||Use||Need to know|
|Registration information. You may browse most Conexu Foundation websites freely, however in order to become a Conexu Foundation member or a subscriber to one of our services, you need to register. This involves supplying us with some basic information - individuals name, organisation name, email address, postal address and telephone number.||
To help you to access the most appropriate information and tools associated with our websites.
To provide you with support if you need technical assistance.
To communicate important service related announcements, changes to our services or policies, password reminders, etc.
To deliver to you information about your community and newsletters that you have signed up to receive.
We may use your email/postal address and email address to inform you about training and products that we think may be of interest; however you may opt out of such notices at any time.
We will never sell or disclose your registration information to a third party.
|Payment information. If you order a product with us, we may need to collect payment and billing and delivery information from you.||To allow you to book and pay for goods and services.||Such information will only be used to send you the product that you purchase and to bill you for that service or product.|
|Customer support inquiries and other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts; for example, if you email an inquiry to us, we may record the contents of that email for later reference. We may also seek additional information that will assist us in catering for your needs when running events (e.g. dietary requirements, disability access).||To allow us to provide swift, efficient and appropriate customer service.||Data will never be sold and will be disclosed to a third party only where such disclosure is necessary for provision of that service (e.g. dietary requirements may be disclosed to a catering service contracted to cater to an event).|
|Feedback. Conexu Foundation collects and stores the feedback you provide to us on the services we offer.||To administer, refine and (sometimes) promote our services.||We may use your feedback to improve or promote our services, but we will never publish your name or other identifying information in association with the feedback you provide without your explicit permission.|
|Metadata. We use the term 'metadata' to describe the context rather than the content of the data we collect. This might include, for example, the number of users who visit a particular website or a particular page of a website, when they visit and how long they stay, what they click on, where they have come from and where they go next. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that contain data about the nature of each access, including the IP address and type of device from which the contact originated. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.||To perform statistical and other analysis, to study and measure user behaviour and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services.||We use de-identified metadata only (that is, data that cannot be identified as belonging to any specific individual or organisation).|
How does Conexu Foundation store my data?
We do all we can to protect your privacy and provide a secure environment for your data. We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of the personal data we hold and protect it from such risks as loss, unauthorised access, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure of data.
All registration information and related data are password-protected to provide additional security. We ask that you do not reveal or share your password with anyone. Conexu Foundation will never ever ask for your password, either verbally or through phone or email contact (whether initiated by you or us).
Who controls the data and how do I access it or correct it?
Conexu Foundation controls access to and use of your data, whether stored directly or with third party providers.
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you, or request that we change that personal information. We will allow access or make the changes unless we consider that there is a sound reason under any relevant law to withhold the information, or not make the changes.
If we do not agree to make your requested changes to personal information, you may make a statement about the requested changes and we will attach this to the record.
You can obtain further information about how to request access or changes to the information we hold about you by contacting us (see contact details below).
Does Conexu Foundation disclose information to service providers or people outside of Australia?
Conexu Foundation uses a number of service providers to handle specific types of data that we collect. Some of these service providers are located outside Australia. Their details are listed below, including the jurisdiction in which the data will be processed.
|Data collected||Service Provider|
|Usage Data, Device Data, Referral Data, Metadata||
Data processing location: United States of America.
Data processing location: Australia
Data processing location: United States of America
How to contact us or make a complaint
- Emailing: email@example.com
- Calling: 1300 077321
- Sending a letter to us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer, Conexu Foundation, PO Box 528, Stones Corner, Qld 4120 Australia
We will respond to your complaint usually within 48 hours and, at a maximum, within 20 days of receiving it, and treat seriously any claims of privacy breaches.